Big Dummy availability

  • Tim Lupfer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      After watching them sell out from qbp in an hour and then reading the
      surly blog, it seems that these things are going to be in short supply
      until August. So how about a list of shops that still have some in
      stock? After a few tense moments at the shop where I work, we managed
      to get an 18" and a 20". I would hate to have them collecting dust
      while someone is out there furiously trying to get their hands on one.
      I believe, according to the local legend, that Freewheel across town
      also has an 18" for test rides. The boxes are enormous, so it seems
      like an especially good idea to buy locally.

      ***Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN area***
      18" and 20"
      Bicycle Chain
      Lexington Ave. N Roseville MN 55113
      651-489-4513
      www.bicyclechain.com

      18"? Others?
      Freewheel Bike
      1812 S 6th St
      Minneapolis, MN 55454
      (612) 339-2219
      www.freewheelbike.com

      So post them up!
      Cheers,
      Tim
    • Philip Chase
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        I am so glad I read my email when I did. I just bought the 18" from
        Bicycle Chain. :-)

        Thank you!

        Philip

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Lupfer" <tim.lupfer@...> wrote:

        > After watching them sell out from qbp in an hour and then reading the
        > surly blog, it seems that these things are going to be in short supply
        > until August. So how about a list of shops that still have some in
        > stock? After a few tense moments at the shop where I work, we managed
        > to get an 18" and a 20". I would hate to have them collecting dust
        > while someone is out there furiously trying to get their hands on one.
        > I believe, according to the local legend, that Freewheel across town
        > also has an 18" for test rides. The boxes are enormous, so it seems
        > like an especially good idea to buy locally.
        >
        > ***Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN area***
        > 18" and 20"
        > Bicycle Chain
        > Lexington Ave. N Roseville MN 55113
        > 651-489-4513
        > www.bicyclechain.com
        >
        > 18"? Others?
        > Freewheel Bike
        > 1812 S 6th St
        > Minneapolis, MN 55454
        > (612) 339-2219
        > www.freewheelbike.com
        >
        > So post them up!
        > Cheers,
        > Tim

      • cstineyb
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Lupfer" <tim.lupfer@...> wrote:

          how about a list of shops that still have some in
          > stock?

          Here in Seattle:

          18" - only one of 'em.
          Freerange Cycles
          3501 Phinney Avenue N
          http://www.freerangecycles.com
        • phaedrus
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            Hiawatha Cyclery posted about having a 20" in stock

            Hiawatha Cyclery
            4301 East 54th Street
            Minneapolis MN 55417

            - phaedrus, Minneapolis