Re: Cost

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2006
      I thought I might have buyer's remorse - I'm too cheap for clipless
      pedals, too cheap for a road bike even, and when I saw the Xtracycle I
      emailed a biking buddy that this was something that "fortunately is
      too expensive to tempt me."
      It sort of worked on my spirit, though. How many times have (had)
      I said, "well, I'd go by bike but I have to bring..." or "I have to
      carry..." This really *does* cure that problem, elegantly.
      I also had the bike shop put it on and do assorted other tune-uppy
      things - I probably wouldn't have bought it at all if Scot hadn't
      known what it was and said he could do it.
      There are three of 'em now (at least) in this town of <40,000.
      They make some people *think.* They make a lot of people smile.
      Current score: Bicycle 2200+ miles , car <700 miles for 2006.