Re: [rootsradicals] Snapdeck material/brainstorming

  • Someone Else
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2008
      Since the request was there, I might as well add in on design/logo additions.  My snapdeck finish was peeling late last summer, so I sanded it down on both sides and came up with random things to paint on it.

      I either traced Xtracycle stickers I had, or printed and traced them onto tracing paper.  I had a base layer of light grey paint on the board, and added an off-center blue strip much in the style of the standard red strip.  I traced a few of the logos onto the board, the main Xtracycle one and the Live to Love to Ride one.  also made a mock shadow of the standard "bike route" signs to include the free radical, and the MPG gas portion of this shirt (yes I have it....if you wait, they come around with $10 shirt sales once in a while):

      http://www.threadless.com/product/562/Infinity_MPG

      I did add the Bicycling Lifestylist to one side of the top, and the other side I took from a sign used by a rider I met during a Ride of Silence: "Bicycling: a polite protest against oil, obesity, and other odd obsessions"

      My outer coat was just a spray can of UV-protectant coating, which is also water proof.  The sun is the worst of the weather in San Diego, and rain is easily taken care of with this and my fenders.  I've reapplied it once to the board, in January right before a fews days of mild rainy weather (or what the SD natives call WinterStorm2008!!!).  I know this is nothing without pictures, and I'll have to find some I took of the board.