Re: more about big dummy at surlyville

  • Phil Good-Elliott
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
      Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

      -Phil

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

      > a blog post and...
      > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
      >
      > saving my pennies...
      > Joel

    • Devian Gilbert
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        here ya are....
        surly

        On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

        Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

        -Phil

        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@ ...> wrote:

        > a blog post and...
        > http://www.surlybik es.com/bigdummy. html
        >
        > saving my pennies...
        > Joel

      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
          D!  Just read the metrolink story.  WAY WAY beyond cool!  that is MY KIND of cruise!  Wish we had that kind of transport around here!  I could see taking my bike into Chicago, Minneapolis, KC or St Louis!  Or even Des Moines (actually a very good bike friendly city)  for a weekend cruise!  How COOL could that be?   But my dream is to be able to take a Passenger Train to Dallas and ride East to my 'rents for a visit.  Rev Dad is nearly 81 and doesn't get around well.  So I would like to get down there and see them!  A train would be SO GREAT for the trip!

          And I LOVE the PUG.  I can't figure out which I like better the Pug or the BD!  Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

          mark

          On Feb 2, 2008 1:15 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
          here ya are....
          surly

          On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

          Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

          -Phil

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

          > a blog post and...
          > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
          >
          > saving my pennies...
          > Joel

          Mark  Garvey
          Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

          Post message: Iowaporkchoppers@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Iowaporkchoppers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        • Philip.X.Diaz
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Mark Garvey wrote:

            > And I LOVE the PUG. I can't figure out which I like better the Pug
            > or the BD! Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

            ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
            custom build).

            yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/
          • Mark Garvey
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
              On Feb 2, 2008 9:22 PM, Philip.X.Diaz <st_indigo@...> wrote:

              ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
              custom build).

              yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/

              Yes, I was aware of teh Chupacabra!  I have been following the adventures of teh Riding the spine gang.  HOW COOL is that to be able to take a trip that long and involved!  My goal here (for me, and my goals do change )  Is to purchase a BD.  THEN start saving for a Pug!   either that of simply start saving and see if I can get a pug to go with my X.  Since there is actually NOthing wrong with my X!  The pug is simply a fantastic bike!  See!  I am waffling already!

              mark