Re: Any Ideas for some stong Hubs?

  • Jeremiah Ducate
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
      i've got rhynolites with 1.5" tires on my x right now.
      they are compatible, but i'm planning on going back to
      schwalbe marathon 1.75's soon, when i get new ones. i
      find the 1.5" tires to be not stable enough,
      especially with a lot of weight. i think the
      marathons are built much stronger as well.

      re: Shimano Alfine rear hub for bigger rider
      i think 36 spokes on the back are enough even for the
      loads you're talking about. if it's well built by a
      good shop with a stout rim. i don't know about the
      durability of the hub with big loads. it's defiitely
      beyond what it's built for. if you do many hills it
      may not have enough gear range either.

      "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." - Bill Nye, the Science Guy

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs