Re: [rootsradicals] more about big dummy at surlyville

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
      STOP STOP!  My keyboard is getting sticky!  Been a while since I got a bad case of bikelust!  I really like the BD!

      GREAT name too!

      perfect for me anyway!

      mark

      On Feb 2, 2008 4:27 AM, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@...> wrote:
      Drool over this one, print it out and put it over your bed and dream
      big!  :-)

      http://www.xtracycle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bigdummy1.jpg

      When my current bike gives up the ghost I'll do it. By then I hopefully
      will have saved the money.

      Anne Littlebird
      Issumatuq Herbals
      P.O. Box 5161
      Louisville, KY 40255
      502-418-1023

      jparks781 wrote:

      > a blog post and...
      > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
      > <http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html>
      >
      > saving my pennies...
      > Joel

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Mark  Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Post message: Iowaporkchoppers@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Iowaporkchoppers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • Phil Good-Elliott
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

        -Phil

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

        > a blog post and...
        > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
        >
        > saving my pennies...
        > Joel

      • Devian Gilbert
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
          here ya are....
          surly

          On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

          Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

          -Phil

          --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@ ...> wrote:

          > a blog post and...
          > http://www.surlybik es.com/bigdummy. html
          >
          > saving my pennies...
          > Joel

        • Mark Garvey
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            D!  Just read the metrolink story.  WAY WAY beyond cool!  that is MY KIND of cruise!  Wish we had that kind of transport around here!  I could see taking my bike into Chicago, Minneapolis, KC or St Louis!  Or even Des Moines (actually a very good bike friendly city)  for a weekend cruise!  How COOL could that be?   But my dream is to be able to take a Passenger Train to Dallas and ride East to my 'rents for a visit.  Rev Dad is nearly 81 and doesn't get around well.  So I would like to get down there and see them!  A train would be SO GREAT for the trip!

            And I LOVE the PUG.  I can't figure out which I like better the Pug or the BD!  Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

            mark

            On Feb 2, 2008 1:15 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
            here ya are....
            surly

            On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

            Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

            -Phil

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

            > a blog post and...
            > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
            >
            > saving my pennies...
            > Joel

            Mark  Garvey
            Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

            Post message: Iowaporkchoppers@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: Iowaporkchoppers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          • Philip.X.Diaz
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
              On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Mark Garvey wrote:

              > And I LOVE the PUG. I can't figure out which I like better the Pug
              > or the BD! Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

              ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
              custom build).

              yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/
            • Mark Garvey
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
                On Feb 2, 2008 9:22 PM, Philip.X.Diaz <st_indigo@...> wrote:

                ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
                custom build).

                yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/

                Yes, I was aware of teh Chupacabra!  I have been following the adventures of teh Riding the spine gang.  HOW COOL is that to be able to take a trip that long and involved!  My goal here (for me, and my goals do change )  Is to purchase a BD.  THEN start saving for a Pug!   either that of simply start saving and see if I can get a pug to go with my X.  Since there is actually NOthing wrong with my X!  The pug is simply a fantastic bike!  See!  I am waffling already!

                mark