more about big dummy at surlyville

  • jparks781
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
      a blog post and...
      http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html

      saving my pennies...
      Joel
    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        Drool over this one, print it out and put it over your bed and dream
        big! :-)

        http://www.xtracycle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bigdummy1.jpg

        When my current bike gives up the ghost I'll do it. By then I hopefully
        will have saved the money.

        Anne Littlebird
        Issumatuq Herbals
        P.O. Box 5161
        Louisville, KY 40255
        502-418-1023

        jparks781 wrote:

        > a blog post and...
        > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
        > <http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html>
        >
        > saving my pennies...
        > Joel

      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
          STOP STOP!  My keyboard is getting sticky!  Been a while since I got a bad case of bikelust!  I really like the BD!

          GREAT name too!

          perfect for me anyway!

          mark

          jparks781 wrote:

          > a blog post and...
          > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
          > <http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html>
          >
          > saving my pennies...
          > Joel

          ride to believe.
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Mark  Garvey
          Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

          Post message: Iowaporkchoppers@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Iowaporkchoppers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        • Phil Good-Elliott
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

            -Phil

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

            > a blog post and...
            > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
            >
            > saving my pennies...
            > Joel

          • Devian Gilbert
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
              here ya are....
              surly

              On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

              Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

              -Phil

              --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@ ...> wrote:

              > a blog post and...
              > http://www.surlybik es.com/bigdummy. html
              >
              > saving my pennies...
              > Joel

            • Mark Garvey
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                D!  Just read the metrolink story.  WAY WAY beyond cool!  that is MY KIND of cruise!  Wish we had that kind of transport around here!  I could see taking my bike into Chicago, Minneapolis, KC or St Louis!  Or even Des Moines (actually a very good bike friendly city)  for a weekend cruise!  How COOL could that be?   But my dream is to be able to take a Passenger Train to Dallas and ride East to my 'rents for a visit.  Rev Dad is nearly 81 and doesn't get around well.  So I would like to get down there and see them!  A train would be SO GREAT for the trip!

                And I LOVE the PUG.  I can't figure out which I like better the Pug or the BD!  Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

                mark

                On Feb 2, 2008 1:15 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
                here ya are....
                surly

                On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Phil Good-Elliott wrote:

                Wish I had the cash for a "Big Pugsley." That would be a very interesting cross-breed.

                -Phil

                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "jparks781" <joel.parks@...> wrote:

                > a blog post and...
                > http://www.surlybikes.com/bigdummy.html
                >
                > saving my pennies...
                > Joel

                Mark  Garvey
                Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

                Post message: Iowaporkchoppers@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: Iowaporkchoppers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              • Philip.X.Diaz
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                  On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Mark Garvey wrote:

                  > And I LOVE the PUG. I can't figure out which I like better the Pug
                  > or the BD! Probably the BD, but a Big Pug would be beyond freaky!

                  ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
                  custom build).

                  yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/
                • Mark Garvey
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
                    On Feb 2, 2008 9:22 PM, Philip.X.Diaz <st_indigo@...> wrote:

                    ah yes, the Pugsley/Big Dummy cross DOES exist (if only as a one-off
                    custom build).

                    yes, it is beyond freaky, but also totally amazing: http://www.ridingthespine.com/Journey/category/chupacabra/

                    Yes, I was aware of teh Chupacabra!  I have been following the adventures of teh Riding the spine gang.  HOW COOL is that to be able to take a trip that long and involved!  My goal here (for me, and my goals do change )  Is to purchase a BD.  THEN start saving for a Pug!   either that of simply start saving and see if I can get a pug to go with my X.  Since there is actually NOthing wrong with my X!  The pug is simply a fantastic bike!  See!  I am waffling already!

                    mark