Just Saying "Hello"

  • Al Karel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Greetings from a new member in Santa Monica, CA. After two years of
      laying at the side of the house, exposed to nighttime oceanic salty
      mists (even 2 miles from the beach) the ol' Xtra was rusty and
      spiderwebbed. Seeing a neon'd Xtra sail past in the night last month
      got me to pull it out, clean it up. Now we're riding every day,
      picking up my kid at the bustop and hauling groceries again. I was
      just checking out the "Clever Cycles" site in Portland with their
      Dutch bakfeits bicycles (long cargohauling box up front) and realized
      another advantage of the Xtra...it's not so extraordinary that it
      draws tooo much attention. Best wishes from L.A....I'll just hang out
      and read posts.
    • Julio Alvarez
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hi Al,
         I live around the corner from where you're at, in the PALMS area, near Culver City. I have owned an X for about 5 months now and I'm loving it. I go groecery shopping a lot with it. But I mainly fill my X with beach stuff (towels, soft drinks, chips, and food) so I can go and relax by the ocean. I even hooked up a nice sound System  on top of the board, in the back, so that there is still enough room left for another passanger to sit on the back. I have taken my wife on it and ridden as  far as Hermosa Beach where I meet up with another friend who also has an X and does cruising rides every third friday of the month: he posts his cruising rides on the following site: Southbaycruisers.com
        Check it out.....we will be riding on Feb 15th, with about 40 bicycle afficionados/addicts.

        Take care,
        Julio