pump (was Re: [rootsradicals] Long loader as work stand)

  • abneycat
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2008
      I'd like to put a mention down for the Blackburn Mammoth. Its a more
      substantial pump than some of those little half-size ones, capable of
      filling up a *large* volume tire really quite fast. Durable and
      simple/easy to maintain, you can fill both Schraeder and Presta with
      it, and its well suited to the typical wider tires on an Xtracycle.
      Good match.

      Weaknesses? Well, it doesn't do high PSI (>75) well. If you find a
      roadie dead in the water without a pump, you can fill his tires enough
      to make him roll again, but not enough to *completely* restore a 90-
      100PSI road tire. I also wouldn't mount it upside down on the frame of
      your bike, it tends to open on you when mounted that way. I just throw
      mine into the inner pocket of one of the freeloaders.

      The Mammoth is a product thats been around since 1996, which doesn't
      happen with many cycling items unless they're good.