Hey from Kumeu

  • bignoseduglyguy
    Message 1 of 9 , May 18, 2006
      Stu

      Office dweller? Kids? 20k each way? You could be describing me,
      except for the commute (temporarily and frustratingly commuting by
      car while we find a house to buy, hopefully near one of the few rail
      lines in Auckland. I know both Southend Cycles and Levin pretty well
      - we lived in Foxton, just north of Levin, last year and bought my
      one of my daughters a bike at SC. As we have friends in Palmy, I'm
      sure I'll be down there some time to look round SC again - trying to
      decide whether to get a tow-a-bike, a trike or a FR to help involve a
      daughter with special needs and little balance & hand/eye
      coordination in family bike trips. I'd love a FR regardless but she
      who must be obeyed might object! If I'm heading to Wellington at any
      point, I'll try and mail ahead and see if we can meet up. If the
      company flies me down, I'll bring my faithful Brompton folder* (my
      London bike/rail commute bike) and pedal into town past all the cabs :-)

      Cheers

      Buzz

      *http://www.flickr.com/photos/59999295@N00/29000265/

      --