Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Thinking out loud

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 24, 2008
      On Jan 23, 2008 6:27 PM, Sean Moore <moore.sean@...> wrote:
      Anne,

      You will crash.  Anything two wheeled eventually falls down.  I don't care if it's a  motorcycle or a bicycle.  You will crash.

      Not necessarily!  I have been riding motorcycles for a very long time, everything from 50cc to "very large".  No crashes yet...it is NOT inevetable. It IS  HIGHLY LIKELY however.  (I began riding motorcycles in 1969 or 1970, I am NOT entirely sure which, I would have to ask my former girlfriend which would not make a good impression on SWMBO.  to give you an idea of this, I have been MARRIED to SWMBO for 33 years as of last Tuesday.  I have not SEEN the former girlfriend since at least a year before I met the Current Mrs Papaballoon.
      You must be prepared for it both mentally and physically.  Just try to hit something soft, ya know?

      YES!  Be prepared!

      I live in one of the last states to NOT require helmets on motorcycle riders (CO).  Guess what I do whenever I ride a motorcycle... I wear a helmet.

      Odd, generally I wear a helmet on my bicycle, but not on my motorcycle. why IS that?  But then I dont' ride at 90 mph through city streets either!

      I normally wouldn't have posted a "me too" post but this is important.  You will crash.  Be ready.

      I would say that you very well COULD crash and yes, be ready.  But I plan to stick to my bicycle mostly.  since I put about 200 miles on my motorcycle last year and about 2200 miles on my bicycle, I am in the process of selling my motorcycle.  a very nice little 125 Honda. I wish I were close enough to get it to Anne!  She would like it!   RED, cute as all get out, 100 mpg, and goes 50-55 easily enough.  But excells at around town 35 mph or so!

      E-assist on a bicycle is a GOOD way to get the best of both, but I understand the reluctance to go that way.

      mark

      On Jan 23, 2008 4:47 PM, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@...> wrote:

      Personally I'm not planning on crashing thanks very much. Nor am I
      considering ti to be inevitable. I leave the house every morning with
      the idea that everyone is out to get me.

      And I am a traditional herbalist - I also do removal of invasive plants
      in one of our local forests. But I do it on the bike. Great fun isn't
      it! Some of my most rewarding and fun weekends.

      Anne Littlebird
      Issumatuq Herbals
      P.O. Box 5161
      Louisville, KY 40255