Re: Newbie wants his free radical

  • Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2008
      Here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BRIDGESTONE-MB-3-15-SPEED-MTB-19-
      INCH-
      GRAY_W0QQitemZ150207885537QQihZ005QQcategoryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQ
      rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

      There are lots of great used steel bikes around, though some have more of a price tag for
      their name cachet than others. My current freeradical setup is on a Specialized
      Stumpjumper '92. Bridgestones are also great - the MB 2 and MB 3 are good tradeoffs
      between price and stoutness (MB-1 and MB-0 are collectors items, expensive but nice).
      Fat chance is my personal favorite (I have one) but they command a real price premium.
      Other decent brands from the late 80's or early 90's that wouldn't be so pricy now include
      Trek, Diamond Back, Kona, Marin, Bianchi.

      Unless you're going to do offroad with it, you probably want a frame on the large side, I
      am 6' tall and I have a 20" frame, it works great.

      If you want the swept back bars, you can always add them later. Have a look at Rivendell
      bikes, http://www.rivbike.com/, for some great options. I use the Albatross and love it.

      Morgan