Just Got Our Two, Free Radicals Yesterday

  • ethanboldt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2008
      Now, we can finally sell the car... Not that it hasn't been good to us, but we've felt it as a
      heavy weight on us for the past 2+ years, ever since we started reading about Peak Oil and
      energy depletion. We've already opted out of the industrial food system, so this was the
      next step... we're feeling as though we're in uncharted waters, at least in for parents of
      two young kids in the Philadelphia suburbs (ouch—we prefer to think of them as towns
      just outside of the city, since that is what they were, once, and we're only 7 miles away).

      Our Bobike arrived yesterday, too (Kool Stop carries them in the States), for our 3-year old,
      —the 7-year old will go right on the snapdeck. (they also carry Bobike's extra fitting set,
      which allows you to fasten the seat to either bike, in a flash) We'd bought fenders and
      lights directly from Planet Bike, and Down-Low Glo lights from Rock the Bike. So now we're
      well outfitted. Not to crow too loudly, but to any parents out there who think it's too hard
      to get all the gear together, especially since the Peapod is (temporarily?) unavailable from
      Xtracycle, it can indeed be done. We'll let everyone know in the late spring/early summer ,
      how it's been going. Snow and ice doesn't faze us much (particularly since we're getting so
      mujch less of it now than when we were kids, due to climate change), but once the
      lightning season beins in May, we'll be a little less sanguine. Particularly if it's stormier in
      the upcoming years than in the past!