Re: Rear seat placement.

  • alexbknight
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2008
      I'm interested in this Kayak seat concept, do you have a photo of
      one? What do you do about straps to strap them on when the fall
      asleep?
      I ride regularly with my 3 yrs old on a standard child seat, she is
      not too close to me, and it is fun to get her to push me up the
      hills, but now she is getting too big and I start catching her feet
      in mine. I want to put her on the snap deck, with Handlebars and
      foot pegs, but lack the seating to still keep her attached. If
      someone is on the snapdeck holding onto the seat post handlebars,
      they are not that close to your rear end.
      I have too kids, so I will also attach a standard kiddie seat on the
      back of the snap deck, I'll let you know how that goes in terms of
      view and handling.

      Alex (CH)

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Ron McDonald <themickeyd@...>
      wrote:

      > My Freerad is running around town on the UPS truck right now!!!
      YEAH!! I am planning on using a Kayak seat for my 3 year old to
      ride on. But my question is on where to place it. Almost all of the
      pictures of the pea pods and other show the kids seat really close to
      the riders seat. That might be ok for you skinny types, but I don't
      think my son wants his nose about 1 1/2 from my oversized rear (who
      can blame him?) Is there any good reason that I cant place the seat
      farther back so he might have more of a view?