Re: [rootsradicals] DiY padded SnapDeck (was Re: Peapod alternative)

  • Philip.X.Diaz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
      On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:35 PM, jparks781 wrote:

      > That's pretty sweet. But why wouldn't you extend the vinyl all the
      > way across to meet itself at the other side? Wouldn't you get some
      > protection of the wood from the vinyl? I suppose it would trap
      > moisture... but doesn't the current implementation hold some moisture
      > between the vinyl and the board bottom and edge?

      i suppose you could wrap the whole thing in vinyl, but then you'd have
      trouble getting the vinyl around the snap pieces. as it is now, some
      moisture gets under the edge of the vinyl, but it dries out.

      FYI, i never did get around to varnishing the underside of my
      snapdeck, but it still looks good after 11 months. keep in mind
      though that i live in California, so your milage may vary.

      -philip-
    • rktrujillo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
        This seat is made in Japan by OKG. I do not know if it is available
        outside Japan. It has two hooks that go over the handlebars. Max
        weight is 15kg. It works great and only about $30 US.