Re: Day 6 Bicycle with an Xtracycle

  • tytanup
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
      I think you might want to check out:

      http://www.angletechcycles.com/bikes/freighter/index.htm

      These long-wheelbase recumbents look much more comfy than the day6
      bikes. If you look at the seating posture of the couple riding the
      day6 on the webpage home...they look only slightly higher up than a
      person riding a Rans Stratus or Formula. The comfort of the Stratus
      is very much like sitting in a favorite chair, I know I've ridden one.
      I currently ride a Rans V-rex, which is a short-wheelbase recumbent.
      I don't think an xtracycle conversion would work well on a
      short-wheelbase, but the long-wheelbase 'bents look very much at ease
      with the loads. And with the added benefit of having a lower
      bottombracket and seat height, one could easily have their feet down
      on the ground flat-footed.

      Might be worth a look.
    • jparks781
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "tytanup" <blue73thing@...> wrote:

        > I don't think an xtracycle conversion would work well on a
        > short-wheelbase, but the long-wheelbase 'bents look very much at ease
        > with the loads.

        Why do you think so? Have you seen Juergen's cargo trike?