Re: [rootsradicals] Solar power

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      Those are cool!   But you are right, modifying them night be fairly simple though.  It wouldn't take a genius to leave the exciter on the wheel and move the light back to the rear.  but then it might not work and you would be out teh $50 or whatever...
       But that is not the one he has, it appeared to be some sort of USA made (china probably) thing.  No problem.  I nicked a 12v truck running light from our spares drawer in the shop and plan to rig a test bed with the 12v solar collector...maybe today if I can find a few alligator clips and some wire.  I set the thing in the window the other day and hooked up a DVM to it and it showed 14-16 v more or less.  The variation was probably the crummy connection between the pins and the DVM.  (not a good angle)  I am lazy today.  Might go over and do some woodworking at my friends house.  I worked last night at a new years eve party for kids.  FUN!

      mark

      On Dec 31, 2007 9:57 PM, Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:
      Mark wrote:
      > A buddy I work with has a TAIL light that has a magnet on the wheel. when
      > the mag passes the light, it flashes on, so that as the wheel rotates the

      One brand is called Reelights http://www.reelight.com/ from Denmark
      (of course). There is a US distributor. A quick google showed them
      running about $50 for a front-white/rear-red set.

      I haven't tried them. It seems like they wouldn't work too well with
      the enclosed wheel of an Xtracycle...

      j.

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links