Re: [rootsradicals] Digest Number 102

  • parepidemos
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006
      Another reason for some of us to just get the FreeRadical, not a
      dedicated stretched-frame bicycle: we hope to trade up to better bikes
      someday, and the FreeRadical can migrate from bike to bike.

      I paid about $60 for my used Motiv and basic Shimano components, to
      which I mated an old FreeRadical (no mesh anything). The FreeRadical
      is bombproof, but I'm on my second cheapo front fork already, and my
      second new chain; I expect I'll need a new rear cassette soon too, I'm
      keeping my eye on those teeth. If funds are limited, put them into the
      parts that will last: in my case, that meant the FreeRadical, and my
      frankenbike will keep changing parts as I go along.

      Someday I might pay five times more for a new bike, and when I do, I
      won't have to shell out another $330 for a new FreeRadical (unless I
      really want to and can afford to).
      ;-)