Re: [rootsradicals] Re: this bites...

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 13, 2007
      im a Critical Care Hospital Pharmacy Technician
      there is work in this town.  i could do retail, or even try a county job, and that would be ok.

      but as far as my own personal interests go, Ventura is so very much a Bedroom community to Los Angeles.
      the land of concrete, strip malls, etc.
      i cant even find a mud puddle.
      the only deer i see here are the plastic ones in the yards.
      there is virtually no wilderness here.

      for now, my heart is pulling north to Arcata.
      but its a bit of a touchy subject, while my family has given me the A Ok to head out, im still working a few things out.

      when i use to fly R/C gliders, i'd often have some fiberglass, and epoxy with me, to do small field repairs.  all great stuff.
      amazing really.
      but for now, im just letting things sit.
      the Cdale Xtra convert is good for now.
      i have some things im trying to get rid of, namely a set of Mavic Crossmax disc UST i have listed on ebay
      a 17.5" Bianchi DISS that needs to go
      and probably my Fondriest road bike with Zipp 404's and Record groupo.

      that alone could probably financially propel me to Arcata, and possibly secure residence.

      really what it comes down to is how i fit into a community and where that community is.
      SoCal and Ventura is not really my scene.

      peace..d

      On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:34 AM, David Chase wrote:

      I hear fiberglass tape with epoxy can be pretty sturdy, too :-).

      Semi-seriously, you COULD carry a small kit of that stuff, and it
      will work if you can get it warm enough to set, and once it gets
      warm, just wrap it in a blanket and the chemical reaction will keep
      it warm. If you were so inclined, you could even use the glass tape
      to make additional connections between FR and seat/chain stays to
      help stiffen things and relieve the load on the damaged stay.

      But these things cost money. Is Ventura really that bad for work?
      Small delivery? Roving freelance bike repair? Bike trail guides
      (maybe they've got those already)? Google Ads?

      David