Successful Blending

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006
      Yea, verily... I managed to sneak away from work, sprint down to the
      grocery store, buy ice and produce, pile it into the cooler &
      Freeloaders, haul on over to our 6:00 ride... which was just departing
      the lot at exactly 6:00 because the wind direction inspired them
      towards an ambitious destination and as soon as I was on the horizon,
      they were out with me. So much for my hopes of putting some of the
      stuff in somebody's car!! My reputation had preceded me and they all
      had to check out the Xtracycle and its cargo, and fortunately Stan was
      feeling leisurely enough to hang back with me 'cause 30 extra pounds
      rather precludes the 16-20 mph pace.
      Most of them weren't quite prepared for the blender (and since Stan
      and I turned back early, we had a teensy headstart on setting up)...
      "you shouldn't be allowed to have this much fun in the parking lot!"
      They're sort of just barely starting to get the concept of a
      bicycling LIFESTYLE...