Re: [rootsradicals] Restaurant Experiences

  • Juergen Weichert
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007
      I picked up my new 40gal water heater by bike. (pre-Xtracycl days)...

      Rode my long-wheelbase recumbent right into the big loading bay doors of
      Home Depot with cargo trailer connected. Rode up the aisle to the one I
      wanted, asked the plumbing guy for help loading (around 150lbs?) and
      strapped 'er down. Rode out through the cash, paid, and departed through
      the same doors. Yup - big eyes all around.

      Back home in 20 minutes to see the guys loading the busted rental heater
      into their cargo van. Chuckle.

      Drive-through experiences at burger joints have been varied (try to stay
      away but sometimes I stray). McDonalds once tried to argue drive-thru
      was just for vehicles. Sitting on my recumbent comfortably was easy to
      explain that this IS a vehicle. They mumbled something and after several
      minutes discussion said to drive to the next window for pickup.

      Local Harvey's (Canadian burger joint) on Xtracycle not too long ago was
      friendly. Driver in car behind gave thumbs-up. Much easier than locking
      up bike to go in. Need to think ahead how to stash the drinks if picking
      up for several people. Can't recall at the moment but my son may have
      been on the back that time.

      Juergen