Re: car-free vacation tips

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 10:29 AM
      The obvious car-free vacation is a bike tour ;-) Some of them are
      even heavy on the vacation and light on the cycling.

      I, too, wish I could hypnotize the legions of people who are simply
      sure that they are physiologically or psychologically incapable of
      using a bicycle for transportation. I'm 45.... but don't look it....
      because, I suspect, of that bicycling habit. People assume I was never
      a common automotive couch potato; I must be especially devoted, or
      something. (There's a *great* thread on the teamestrogen forum about
      fat ladies bicycling ... all about how much it doesn't matter how fast
      you're going; what's far more important is *you're* in charge of the
      journey.

      I remember that other "fuel crisis" in the 70's. I don't remember a
      lot of the media coverage of it. However, I don't remember the blithe
      acceptance that all paths towards easing dependence on oil assumed
      utter dependence on automobiles.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Kipchoge Spencer"

    • TheJonesgal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 2:14 PM