Re: The Eagle Has Landed!

  • tda0818
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
      Zip ties: is there anything they can't do?

      --urbino

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...>
      wrote:

      > Ouch! Glad you're all right!
      >
      > I had a problem with my rear fender (aluminum at the time). The screw
      > holding it into place came loose and the fender swung around and under
      > the wheel. I'd heard the rattling, but blamed it on a loose snap-deck,
      > since I'd bumped over a few curbs. It happened about 2 years ago. I
      > was probably doing about 40 kph (24 mph) at the time. The 5 m skid
      mark
      > is still on the road. Everything is now reinforced with zip-ties.
      >
      > CL

    • tda0818
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
        Excellent info as usual, Tone. Thanks!

        My mechanic did mention that a better rear derailleur (than the stock
        low-end Shimano on the Townie) would provide better tension. I have
        some short bungies, so I think I'll give that approach a try.

        --urbino