Why I like my Xtracycle

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2007
      I was on my way home from the train station yesterday evening when I saw
      a chair abandoned by the side of the road. It's the typical middle seat
      in a Taiwan-style sofa: heavily carved wood frame with marble seat and
      marble accent in the back. The marble seat is about 2 cm thick! I was
      already carrying my books, papers, camera, and overnight stuff, because
      I had spent the past two days teaching in another town. The chair,
      however, was too nice and too good to pass up. Sure, it might be there
      tomorrow, but I have the space for it now and I have another 5-6 km
      uphill to get home. So, why make a special trip?

      I loaded it up and I biked through rush-hour traffic, zig-zagged through
      intersections grid-locked with one-occupant SUVs, and followed and was
      followed by 1-2 occupant motorbikes. Only one place, did I have to get
      off the bike and push. The turns were too tight and I thought I'd be
      considerate and not scratch the cars that were clogging the intersection.

      So, if anyone wants to be a passenger on a deluxe-style xtracycle
      seat...come visit me in Taiwan
      <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/bike/071130-012BikeWithDeluxePassengerSeat.JPG>

      Now, all I have to do is work out a foot-rest...

      CL
    • Devian Gilbert
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007
        wow!
        i love it
        i want to be in Taiwan
        lets see...here in the US i picked up a 12pack of sodas once
        some tile sponges from construction crews, as i guess they fly off the trucks
        rope, bungees, etc

        the other day i gave a ride for about a mile
        but thats it
        nothing like a nice wood chair with marble inlay
        wow!

        On Nov 30, 2007, at 11:16 PM, Cara Lin Bridgman wrote:

[...]

      • Anne Littlebird
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007
          Devian you are still my hero with all the stuff you carry!

          Anne

          --
          Anne Littlebird
          Issumatuq Herbals