an xtra story

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2007
      within the last couple of months i had made a logistics trip out and
      about town
      the first stop was to pick up $15 worth of firewood for my
      grandparents, and the stove in the tipi
      for $15 i get 2 BOB trailer bags full. more if i wanted
      so i get to Trader Joe's with the rig loaded
      i come out after shopping
      in my cart a big bag of charcoal, and a bunch of groceries.

      parking the bike typically is right at the front door, and this was
      no exception
      the Xtracycle cabled to the rear section of the shopping cart rack

      i get outside, and there is a bit of crowd drawn around the rig with
      all the firewood
      lots of questions go around
      as i'm loading it up even more yet yet, cuz now the BOB trailer bags
      full of firewood have pretty much leveled out the freeradical
      now the snapdeck is this huge place to add things.
      im loading up all the junk i've picked up
      and a lady finally says out loud, "you've got to be kidding me!"
      i say something like, "ya its amazing what you can put on a bike."
      she just huffs, "thats ridiculous" and walks away.
      i had a great laff at that.

      ridiculous!
      thats hilarious!

      ride you bikes, and be well
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007

        Devian,

                    You should have told that huffing lady, “No, what is ridiculous is paying over $3 per gallon for gas and all the insurance costs, etc. for a car… when you can be saving all that money while also getting exercise, decreasing traffic, and not polluting our environment.”