Ginger Ninjas Invade Santa Barbara

  • lubach
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hello fellow riders,

      I had the pleasure of meeting Kipchoge Spencer and the whole team of
      rider musicians who are headed from their Northern CA homes and down
      into Mexico. The folks at Santa Barbara's new "bicycle kitchen" called
      Bici Centro put on a wonderful party with three bands.

      Highlight of the evening for me was spending quite a bit of time with
      Mr. Spencer. I could not resist and asked him to check out my
      Xtracycle rig (a Bianchi Milano). Another hightlight was getting a
      turn at the cranks of one of the two Xtracycle power generators. The
      band's equipment is all powered by two generators attached to bicycles.

      The Xtracycles lined up at the show were an amazing sight. One of them
      looked a little different than the rest -- it was a a coveted Surly
      Big Dummy. Looks like Surly has done well.

      A tip of the helmet to the band. If you live along their route, I hope
      you get to spend some time with them.

      Don