Who was the tall blonde who called to me from the saab?

  • paul@post.harvard.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2001
      Hey to my roots radical people,

      Maybe you can help me crack a tiny mystery --

      Today I picked up my friend Joon at her clothing design company in
      SOMA and we xtracycled downtown to a good sandwich shop, where she
      psychoanalyzed me for most of lunch (the prognosis aint good).

      Anyway, we rode back to drop her off at her work, at 7th and Brannan
      and just as I was saying goodbye, some tall blonde woman from inside
      a dark red Saab 900 shouted from across the street: "Is that an
      xtracycle?" I shouted "Hot diggity dawg diggity, it sure is!" It
      looked like she wanted to say something else, but she decided to roll
      the window and drive off.

      Who was that mystery woman? Are we simply becoming a cultural
      phenomenon?

      Paul