RE: [rootsradicals] Re: shaft drive

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2007

                  I know about “Zero”, but I was not aware of Dynamic.

                  I guess you do not know about Sussex then, which is out of Taiwan:

      http://www.sussex.com.tw/

                  There was another shaft-drive bicycle manufacturer, which I took a serious look at and e-mailed back and forth with. They were called Kinn-ovations:

      http://www.kinn-ovations.com

                  At the time I was primarily interested in finding a 20” wheeled folding bike, which I could hook up with 20” Aerospoke carbon-fiber disc-brake compatible wheels. I wanted something very low-maintenance BESIDES my bulky long-tail Xtracycle, which I could take with me conveniently when I travel, etc. Having a drive-shaft on a potentially new bike sounded like a wonderful idea to me. Unfortunately, pretty much all the drive-shaft bikes out there require the use of a compatible rear wheel, usually equipped with a Nexxus internal shifting hub. Of course that meant I would not be capable of setting up a rear Aerospoke wheel at all. Also, I have a strong personal preference against grip-shifters, which is what Nexxus hubs use.

                  For drive-shaft bikes there is also Dekra? http://dekrabike.com/