Riding no handed

    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 2, 2007

                  I have been reading a lot of posts these past few days about how people find it either incredibly difficult or impossible to ride their Xtracycled bikes with no hands. I actually find this surprising because I have no problems riding my Xtracycle without hands. Sometimes I will even maneuver around minor obstacles in the road and I can even pull off wide turns without touching the handlebars if there are no motor vehicles around to put me on edge. The whole phenomenon of Xtracycle riders not being able to ride no-handed is even more so surprising to me because I almost always ride with only one side of my FreeRadical loaded up, so technically I should be unbalanced. That SHOULD give me even more difficultly in riding without touching my handlebars, but I do not notice it much anymore than I do with my hands on the bars.

                  The only factor I can think of, which would be a reason for me being capable of riding no-handed, is my bicycle frame is aluminum. By the sound of it many Xtracycle riders use a steel frame bike. Perhaps steel frame bikes allow for too much flex, which thus causes instability when not holding on to the bars.

      _TONE_

    • Morgan
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 8, 2008
        Carl
        I just got my dual blue down low glow yesterday. It was supposed to
        be a birthday present, but it's a while past my birthday... Anyway,
        I'm excited to have the blue glow. I've also been using some blue
        spoke lights. I think i will be well seen!

        (that plus dual headlights, a flash flag, and the brightest rear
        blinkie avaialable!)

        Morgan