Re: How You Can Help Xtracycle Succeed

  • Phil Good-Elliott
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 2, 2007
      1. When/where did you first learn about the Xtracycle?

      My wife is an environmental educator. One of her co-workers passed along a link to the
      Xtracycle.com web site. I was fascinated.

      2. How long did it take for you to actively start learning about the Xtracycle (i.e. calling us,
      checking the website, asking friends, visiting a bike shop? What prompted you to look into
      the product?

      Very shortly afterwards. I was tired of trying to haul things around strapped to my back or
      into not-big-enough panniers. The X just looked like a great way to get around on a bike
      instead of in a car.

      3. What obstacles stood in the way of you becoming an Xtracycle owner?

      No one else in my region had one when I began looking. There are three of us in my small
      town who currently own one.

      4. Did you purchase your Xtracycle from a bike shop? What was that experience
      like?

      No, I purchased it on-line or by phone (can't recall) and it shipped to my LBS where it was
      assembled.

      What shop did you use?

      Lincoln Avenue Bicycling and Fitness, Goshen, IN

      5. How long did it take until you purchased an Xtracycle for yourself?

      I think about three or four months

      6. How did you get over your reservations/fears (if you had any) about owning
      and using an Xtracycle?

      Reading up on-line and watching a couple of the videos. We're committed to using bikes
      when reasonable.

      7. Describe your experience of Xtracycle ownership?

      It's a lot of fun to ride. Ours is a Trek 4300 w/X attached. I love the feel of it. It gets lots
      of admiring looks whenever I'm out grocery shopping or doing errands around town.
      Using the X, I once took three kids to a local car show in our downtown area. I think we
      garnered more looks than some of the cars as we cruised around (that was incredibly fun
      with the kids). Can't say we had a tank of nitrous in the trunk, but three giggling boys on
      the back was inspiring!

      Seriously, when I was between jobs for a few weeks this Spring, I almost never drove my
      car. It helps that I live in a small town (35,000) and live close to downtown.

      8. Do any of your family/friends own an Xtracycle?

      Sadly, no. Not yet. There are a lot of trailers and wagons in our area, though.

      -Phil
    • Morgan
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 8 6:23 AM
        Carl
        I just got my dual blue down low glow yesterday. It was supposed to
        be a birthday present, but it's a while past my birthday... Anyway,
        I'm excited to have the blue glow. I've also been using some blue
        spoke lights. I think i will be well seen!

        (that plus dual headlights, a flash flag, and the brightest rear
        blinkie avaialable!)

        Morgan