Re: [rootsradicals] The Packet Boat (Xtracycle) goes to college

  • Juergen Weichert
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
      We have encountered this SEP field many times here in Ottawa, what with
      recumbents, house moves, tall-bikes, and plenty of creations never
      before seen. In fact, we call many of the bikes "SEP field generators" -
      the more outrageous it is the stronger an SEP field it generates.

      This one generates a VERY powerful SEP field - making it virtually
      invisible to any casual bystanders:
      http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-11-16/MD-2002-11-16-030.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/07/13/11-20-58.html

      Others:
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2002/11/23/12-06-53.html
      http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-09-14/MD-2002-09-14-001.html
      http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-09-14/MD-2002-09-14-005.html
      http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2003-07-06/MD-2003-07-06-002.html
      http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2003-07-06/MD-2003-07-06-005.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/08/21/10-42-32i1.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-53-39.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-52-28.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-54-30.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2006/06/04/12-02-22i1.html
      http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/09/22/10-15-17i1.html

      The nice thing about the Xtracycle is that the SEP field it generates is
      present, but weak - allowing it to slip in and out of invisibility based
      largely on the load it is carrying. A bare unloaded Xtracycle looks a
      lot like a regular bike - just slightly different allowing it to be
      visible to those who want to see it. An X with a big or unusual load on
      the other hand can easily slip past virtually undetected in many cases.

      See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sep_field

      Juergen

      Mark Garvey wrote:

      > On Nov 2, 2007 2:35 PM, Jason Crane <jason@...
      > <mailto:jason%40rocbike.com>> wrote:
      > > I recently took my X to a Sustainability Day at a local college. It
      > > was a hit, to say the least!
      > >
      > > The full story is here:
      > >
      > > http://www.rocbike.com/2007/10/30/sustaining-ourselves-at-mcc/
      > <http://www.rocbike.com/2007/10/30/sustaining-ourselves-at-mcc/>
      > >

      > VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
      > "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
      > efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
      > visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
      > by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
      > something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
      > NOTICE it!
      >
      > mark
      > --

    • Jason Crane
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@...> wrote:
        > VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
        > "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
        > efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
        > visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
        > by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
        > something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
        > NOTICE it!
        >
        > mark

        You know you're in the right cycling community when fellow X owners
        invoke Douglas Adams.

        Aaaahhhh -- it's good to be home!

        Jason
      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
          Well, Two of my favorite authors are Douglas Adams and Terry
          Pratchett.....although the weird and unusual works of Douglas Preston
          and Lincoln Childs are up there too! The stories of Ankh-Morepork,
          and the Librarian and "the Watch" are fun and funny! I wonder if
          (going back to the "subject" at hand) The Librarian would benefit from
          using an Xtracycle from time to time! for his trips to the Mended
          Drum mostly. Although I think Biers might be a more interesting and
          restful place to drink!

          "What do you DO for a Werewolf?" asked Littlebottom.
          "Oh, a gin and tonic is always welcome" said Anguia absently. "Oh! Sorry!"

          mark

          On Nov 2, 2007 9:53 PM, Jason Crane <jason@...> wrote:
          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@...> wrote:
          > > VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
          > > "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
          > > efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
          > > visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
          > > by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
          > > something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
          > > NOTICE it!
          > >
          > > mark
          >
          > You know you're in the right cycling community when fellow X owners
          > invoke Douglas Adams.
          >
          > Aaaahhhh -- it's good to be home!
          >
          > Jason

          > ride to believe.
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Mark Garvey
          Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

          Check out the web site at:
          http://www.vine-ave.com

          contact us to have Papa Balloon appear at your next program! Details
          at www.vine-ave.com

          I am a bicycling lifestylist!