Re: [rootsradicals] The Packet Boat (Xtracycle) goes to college

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2 1:34 PM
      On Nov 2, 2007 2:35 PM, Jason Crane <jason@...> wrote:
      > I recently took my X to a Sustainability Day at a local college. It
      > was a hit, to say the least!
      >
      > The full story is here:
      >
      > http://www.rocbike.com/2007/10/30/sustaining-ourselves-at-mcc/

      VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
      "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
      efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
      visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
      by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
      something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
      NOTICE it!

      mark

      Mark Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have Papa Balloon appear at your next program! Details
      at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!
    • Juergen Weichert
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2 3:44 PM
        We have encountered this SEP field many times here in Ottawa, what with
        recumbents, house moves, tall-bikes, and plenty of creations never
        before seen. In fact, we call many of the bikes "SEP field generators" -
        the more outrageous it is the stronger an SEP field it generates.

        This one generates a VERY powerful SEP field - making it virtually
        invisible to any casual bystanders:
        http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-11-16/MD-2002-11-16-030.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/07/13/11-20-58.html

        Others:
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2002/11/23/12-06-53.html
        http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-09-14/MD-2002-09-14-001.html
        http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2002-09-14/MD-2002-09-14-005.html
        http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2003-07-06/MD-2003-07-06-002.html
        http://vic.gedris.org/pics/2003-07-06/MD-2003-07-06-005.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/08/21/10-42-32i1.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-53-39.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-52-28.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/03/12/10-54-30.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2006/06/04/12-02-22i1.html
        http://tricolour.net/photos/2005/09/22/10-15-17i1.html

        The nice thing about the Xtracycle is that the SEP field it generates is
        present, but weak - allowing it to slip in and out of invisibility based
        largely on the load it is carrying. A bare unloaded Xtracycle looks a
        lot like a regular bike - just slightly different allowing it to be
        visible to those who want to see it. An X with a big or unusual load on
        the other hand can easily slip past virtually undetected in many cases.

        See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sep_field

        Juergen

        Mark Garvey wrote:

        > On Nov 2, 2007 2:35 PM, Jason Crane <jason@...
        > <mailto:jason%40rocbike.com>> wrote:
        > > I recently took my X to a Sustainability Day at a local college. It
        > > was a hit, to say the least!
        > >
        > > The full story is here:
        > >
        > > http://www.rocbike.com/2007/10/30/sustaining-ourselves-at-mcc/
        > <http://www.rocbike.com/2007/10/30/sustaining-ourselves-at-mcc/>
        > >

        > VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
        > "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
        > efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
        > visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
        > by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
        > something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
        > NOTICE it!
        >
        > mark
        > --

      • Jason Crane
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2 7:53 PM
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@...> wrote:
          > VERY interesting! But you have to remember that the bike is not
          > "invisible" so much as covered by a much cheaper, and more energy
          > efficient SEP field. Just as effective, but instead of rendering
          > visible things INVISIBLE, it simply deflects a persons consciousness
          > by making them believe that it is somebody else's Problem! When
          > something is not THEIR problem, They might SEE it, but they don't
          > NOTICE it!
          >
          > mark

          You know you're in the right cycling community when fellow X owners
          invoke Douglas Adams.

          Aaaahhhh -- it's good to be home!

          Jason
        • Mark Garvey
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3 4:42 AM
            Well, Two of my favorite authors are Douglas Adams and Terry
            Pratchett.....although the weird and unusual works of Douglas Preston
            and Lincoln Childs are up there too! The stories of Ankh-Morepork,
            and the Librarian and "the Watch" are fun and funny! I wonder if
            (going back to the "subject" at hand) The Librarian would benefit from
            using an Xtracycle from time to time! for his trips to the Mended
            Drum mostly. Although I think Biers might be a more interesting and
            restful place to drink!

            "What do you DO for a Werewolf?" asked Littlebottom.
            "Oh, a gin and tonic is always welcome" said Anguia absently. "Oh! Sorry!"

            mark