Mavic Caliper Adjusters = no fenders?

  • evblazer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      I ordered a 700C freeradical and got the 26" so they sent me a set of
      mavic caliper adjusters that you can see here:
      http://tinyurl.com/37omc5
      "A cunning U shaped bracket which easily converts any 26" (559) wheel
      bike into a machine which accepts a 700c (622) size"

      Just wanted to you know it is problimatic with fenders. I went to put
      my fenders back on and my almost bald 700Cx32 marathon pluses rub and
      I can't get them to adjust not to when inflated properly. The caliper
      adjusters are just too close to the tires and screw up the arc when
      the fenders are connected in front to the freeradical.

      My current idea is to shift the fender back so it actually clamps to
      the caliper adjuster instead of the xtracycles "chainstay bridge".
      Then if needed I'll stick something between the two. Not sure if I'll
      have to cut the fender to do this or not.

      Other than that it is going well. I only do my 42 mile commute 3 days
      a week now as a compromise till I get faster, find a good assist or
      heck get a new job with a short commute again. (office moved here
      just last month :-( )
    • evblazer
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2007
        *sigh* Found another site selling these caliper adjusters
        "Max suggested tire with is 25mm" I guess that explains the problem
        with the fender clearance given I run 32s (and marathon+ are bigger
        then average I have found.