Re: [rootsradicals] Re: How You Can Help Xtracycle Succeed

  • Dane Buson
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 2, 2007
      On Nov 1, Anne Littlebird tripped the electrons lexically so:
      > Dane Buson wrote:
      >
      >> I've been very pleased with it. About the only downside was the bike is
      >> completely not ridable no-hands.

      > That surprises me because that was the first thing I tried - my quirky
      > way of checking stability and I could manage it, even with groceries.
      > Albeit a light load. I went hands free the other day to zip up my jacket
      > and put on my gloves. Mind you is wasn't for that long but doable.

      Nope. I can (and have) ridden some of my other bikes multiple miles
      no-handed with no problems. On my Xtra, if I take my hands off the bar,
      it is totally unstable. It's just an unlucky change to the geometry
      I'm assuming. Of course, I never rode the frame before I Xtracycled it,
      so it might be a problem with the original geometry, but I doubt it.

      Anyway, I have today off, so I'm about to put the youngest daughter on
      the bike and go visit Pike Place Market. I <3 my Xtracycle.

      http://members.arstechnica.com/x/zuvembi/xtracycle_girls-01.jpg

      --
      Dane Buson - Buson@...
      "No job too big; no fee too big!"
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 8, 2008
        Carl
        I just got my dual blue down low glow yesterday. It was supposed to
        be a birthday present, but it's a while past my birthday... Anyway,
        I'm excited to have the blue glow. I've also been using some blue
        spoke lights. I think i will be well seen!

        (that plus dual headlights, a flash flag, and the brightest rear
        blinkie avaialable!)

        Morgan