Re: [rootsradicals] Re: How You Can Help Xtracycle Succeed

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 1, 2007
      Anne, that assumes that the rider (in this case ME) is coordinated
      enough to ride no hands ANYWAY! Actually, My bike with the X on it is
      more capable than I deserve! I actually CAN ride a short distance
      with my hands off the bars. Not far, but then it is as far as I have
      EVER been able to ride without touching the controls except on the
      center steer trike that I own which is entirely capable of being
      ridden with NO bar control input at all!! But that is a WHOLE nother
      story!

      mark

      On Nov 1, 2007 8:02 PM, Anne Littlebird <issumatuq@...> wrote:
      > That surprises me because that was the first thing I tried - my quirky
      > way of checking stability and I could manage it, even with groceries.
      > Albeit a light load. I went hands free the other day to zip up my jacket
      > and put on my gloves. Mind you is wasn't for that long but doable.
      >
      > Annie
      >
      > Dane Buson wrote:
      >
      > I've been very pleased with it. About the only downside was the bike is
      > completely not ridable no-hands.
      >
      > --
      > Anne Littlebird
      > Issumatuq Herbals
      > P.O. Box 5161
      > Louisville, KY 40255
      > 502-418-1023

      > ride to believe.
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Mark Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have Papa Balloon appear at your next program! Details
      at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!
    • Morgan
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 8, 2008
        Carl
        I just got my dual blue down low glow yesterday. It was supposed to
        be a birthday present, but it's a while past my birthday... Anyway,
        I'm excited to have the blue glow. I've also been using some blue
        spoke lights. I think i will be well seen!

        (that plus dual headlights, a flash flag, and the brightest rear
        blinkie avaialable!)

        Morgan