disc brakes

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Howdy howdy!

      OK, I have a suggestion to those of you who might be interested in
      Disc Brakes and don't have a CLUE as to buying a fork etc. Well,
      maybe this is out of the park or something, but I ran across the
      Tricruiser (Sid Gowdy) and a few friends own them. The manufacturer
      makes these interesting bikes and one of the things he does is make
      "Disc Brake Adapters" for wheels. His are intended for 20 inch
      wheels, but you can take a BMX rear hub, lace it to a proper sized
      wheel rim, spin on one of the adapters and Voila, you have a Disc
      Brake front wheel. Or possibly you can have a friend turn down the
      off side of a rear hub and put one on there too! but a friend rebuilt
      a standard 26 inch rear hub to fit a front fork, and welded on a disc
      brake tab. I do not have it installed as yet, but it seems to be
      perfect! Also, It sort of fits in with my "Frankenbike" idea anyway.
      (We are in the midst of a Wedding this week and getting time to
      replace the front fork on my Xtracycle may be down the priority list a
      bit!)

      this winter, when the snow is blowing and ice forms on my mustache, I
      plan to take the bike into the basement and do some tinkering, which
      will include stripping and repainting the frame in either FLAT BLACK
      or Olive Drab. then painting on (airbrush) my personal logos and
      Xtracycle notations! I am unsure whether I should paint the Xtracycle
      to match. any ideas??? My aim is to make the bike about as
      undesirable to theft as it is possible to do.

      mark

      Mark Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have Papa Balloon appear at your next program! Details
      at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!