[rootsradicals] Re: I did it!

  • Forrest Halford
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Exactly! The decision to 'do it' forces the problem solving.

      Forrest

      On Thu, 01 Nov 2007, Susan wrote...

      >I went through a winter pretending I didn't have a car before I sold
      >it. That way I could gradually figure out how to deal with the
      >vagaries of winter.
      > Once the bicycle is how you get places, when the weather gets
      weird
      >you just ask "what do I do about this?" instead of "should I take the
      >car?'

      .......__o ....O
      .......\<, .....\-/\-
      ....( )/ ( ) ....(O)^(O)
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        Actually... I hadn't made that decision at all. It was more of the
        "frog in the heating water" schtick. At first, as the weather cooled
        I'd have to think "okay, what are my layers for the day?" Then, if
        the forecast said rain, I'd say "okay, of course it won't rain on me
        but to do my part to insure it, and in case this is one of the two
        days a year it does, what should I bring?" and after a while, it
        turned into "it's six below... I should probably take the car... but
        do I *have* to???"
        Selling the car would have been a "project" without my brother
        needing it; it probably wouldn't have happened by itself. I knew I
        was open for an offer, though.