Re: I did it!

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      I went through a winter pretending I didn't have a car before I sold
      it. That way I could gradually figure out how to deal with the
      vagaries of winter.
      Once the bicycle is how you get places, when the weather gets weird
      you just ask "what do I do about this?" instead of "should I take the
      car?'
    • Forrest Halford
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        Exactly! The decision to 'do it' forces the problem solving.

        Forrest

        On Thu, 01 Nov 2007, Susan wrote...

        >I went through a winter pretending I didn't have a car before I sold
        >it. That way I could gradually figure out how to deal with the
        >vagaries of winter.
        > Once the bicycle is how you get places, when the weather gets
        weird
        >you just ask "what do I do about this?" instead of "should I take the
        >car?'

        .......__o ....O
        .......\<, .....\-/\-
        ....( )/ ( ) ....(O)^(O)
      • Susan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
          Actually... I hadn't made that decision at all. It was more of the
          "frog in the heating water" schtick. At first, as the weather cooled
          I'd have to think "okay, what are my layers for the day?" Then, if
          the forecast said rain, I'd say "okay, of course it won't rain on me
          but to do my part to insure it, and in case this is one of the two
          days a year it does, what should I bring?" and after a while, it
          turned into "it's six below... I should probably take the car... but
          do I *have* to???"
          Selling the car would have been a "project" without my brother
          needing it; it probably wouldn't have happened by itself. I knew I
          was open for an offer, though.