I did it!

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2007
      I did it!

      I sold my car this weekend.

      I am now officially car-free!

      Bruce Alan Wilson

    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2007
        Congratulations Bruce!!! Now that's inspiring.

        I'm waiting til Spring to make sure I can get through the winter fine.
        There is still an trace element of unease for me. I want to be very
        sure. Although I'm there 99.99%.

        Although I'm there 99.99%.

        Annie

        --
        Anne Littlebird
        Issumatuq Herbals
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          I went through a winter pretending I didn't have a car before I sold
          it. That way I could gradually figure out how to deal with the
          vagaries of winter.
          Once the bicycle is how you get places, when the weather gets weird
          you just ask "what do I do about this?" instead of "should I take the
          car?'
        • Forrest Halford
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
            Exactly! The decision to 'do it' forces the problem solving.

            Forrest

            On Thu, 01 Nov 2007, Susan wrote...

            >I went through a winter pretending I didn't have a car before I sold
            >it. That way I could gradually figure out how to deal with the
            >vagaries of winter.
            > Once the bicycle is how you get places, when the weather gets
            weird
            >you just ask "what do I do about this?" instead of "should I take the
            >car?'

            .......__o ....O
            .......\<, .....\-/\-
            ....( )/ ( ) ....(O)^(O)
          • Susan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
              Actually... I hadn't made that decision at all. It was more of the
              "frog in the heating water" schtick. At first, as the weather cooled
              I'd have to think "okay, what are my layers for the day?" Then, if
              the forecast said rain, I'd say "okay, of course it won't rain on me
              but to do my part to insure it, and in case this is one of the two
              days a year it does, what should I bring?" and after a while, it
              turned into "it's six below... I should probably take the car... but
              do I *have* to???"
              Selling the car would have been a "project" without my brother
              needing it; it probably wouldn't have happened by itself. I knew I
              was open for an offer, though.