really cold riding

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2007
      When it is really cold I ride my Gazelle, with its internal hub.
      (It's even heavier than the Xtra, I think, so I get warm riding it.)
      I've done close to 20 below C... but only once or twice. It doesn't
      stay that cold around here.
      I'm closing in on six months without my car - and I only drove it
      six times last year, so I'm hoping to be able to weather whatever
      comes. Going to try to get all four bikes in good shape so that no
      matter what I've got *something* that will get me there... but I've
      also got a bus system.
      And sympathies for the supervisor issues. I've been there and done
      that and it's soooo nice to have gotten to where my skills are valued
      so those little things they can't comprehend aren't as important. I
      did learn to do things to make sure supervisors knew I was trying... I
      had one that detested that I would wear a jacket at work when things
      got chilly (when I don't move, I get cold - when I'm moving I don't),
      but a sweater like Mister Rogers' was okay... more or less... I would
      have had to be a different person to really "be okay." (Neat and tidy
      for starters ;)) C'est la vie.