[rootsradicals] Re: Dumb or Weird Questions About X

  • Someone Else
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 3, 2007
      One thing that I also carry around with me is a laminated copy of state vehicle code regarding bicycles.  A lot of questions come up about what is legal and what is not while riding a bicycle, so all I have to do is show them the legal wording, translate it, and most people see I'm not some outlaw causing terror, nor am I risking my neck just to ride.  Also, I have been able to enlighten a few sworn officers about certain parts of the vehicle code they were not familiar with.

      A good resource is:
      http://www.massbike.org/bikelaw/bikelaw.htm

      Look up your state, copy the laws, paste onto a word processing program, and shrink it down to index card size.  You can laminate and carry in a stem pouch or in your pocket, quite easy for quick reference.  You will also want to look up any local statutes just in case you need to include those as well.

      Beth

    • Ken Ismert
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 4, 2007
        Mark,

        Best wishes for your family! Hope they get out of the woods soon.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@...>
        wrote:

        > I have not done much because between illnesses in the
        > family ...
      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 4, 2007
          Yeah, not to be overly morbid here, but Josh's   (my youngest daughter's husband) Father became suddenly ill a few days ago and it has become a systemic infection and he is being treated for systemic shock.  Evidently his body has pretty much shut down.  We are "somewhat concerned" and Mindi and Josh have been at the hospital for about 3 solid days, going home to bathe and sleep some.  Don is a pretty good guy too!

          Other than that it is mostly simply the kids getting a virus, my middle daughter got some sort of really infectious parasite (???? ick!) which they are worried that Rob (they will be married in November) and his 4 year old will get THAT, so far we fine, but things have been a little bit wierd lately!

          Ah well, went and got the Hockey tickets for sat nite..  And a t shirt for the team!  YAY!

          I wil get on my ideas for questions and answers here soon!

          mark

          wrote:

          > I have not done much because between illnesses in the
          > family ...

          ride to believe.
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Mark  Garvey
          Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

          Check out the web site at:
          http://www.vine-ave.com

          contact us to have Papa Balloon appear at your next program!  Details at www.vine-ave.com

          I am a bicycling lifestylist!
        • Pete.B
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 4, 2007
            Here's a link to the UK version from LoadsBetter

            http://www.detnot.com/loadsbetter/php/myCMS/web/loadsbetter/pdf/propaganda.pdf

            Rgds
            Pete.B

          • loadsbetter
            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 5, 2007
              Hi,

              If anybody wants me to then I could do a US version too, or maybe
              an English language version that doesn't have any prices or
              telephone numbers or addresses - just www.xtracycle.com.

              Or is there a PDF version of the original
              eleven answers that Xtracycle could put on the xtracycle.com?

              But I think this answer

              less than you think, starts at about 189

              should be changed to

              less than you think, starts at about 244

              shouldn't it? 244's the USD price for the build your own base frame +
              install kit.

              Cheers.

              Mark

              Loads Better
              www.thisisloadsbetter.co.uk
            • stanstephenson67
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 6, 2007
              • loadsbetter
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 6, 2007
                  Hi,

                  Here's my latest effort, which isn't UK-specific this time.

                  http://www.detnot.com/loadsbetter/php/myCMS/web/loadsbetter/pdf/propaga
                  ndatoo.pdf

                  I hope it helps.

                  Cheers.