Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Handlebars

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
      here is a funky cool set up
      ON - One Mary Bar (inverted)
      with 80mm riser stem.
      on a Salsa Moto Rapido
      with Mavic SpeedCity's

      peace...d

      On Sep 9, 2007, at 3:13 PM, Morgan Giddings wrote:

      Hi
      I've played around with lots of handlebar options on my various bikes to avoid wrist pain (I
      spend a minimum of 1 hour per day on the bike). Right now on my Xtracycle, I'm running
      a high-rise stem and the "Nitto albatross" - here's a good web page with pictures:
      http://bessasandackerman.com/blog/?p=46. It definitely can help with a more upright
      riding position. One thing to watch out for though: as your sit more upright, there is more
      pressure on the back and rear end, so it pays to make sure you have a comfortable seat.

      Also, if you're looking for just a high-rise stem, you can get a Salsa Moto Ace SUL stem in
      40 degree rise, which lifts things up high. I have one on another mountain bike of mine
      that has drop bars on it, and this gives about 2" of lift.

      If you want even more lift, check out the BBB Stem extender: it's an ingenious little device
      that can be used to raise things up substantially:
      http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3970

      Hope that helps!
      Morgan