Re: [rootsradicals] Bike Moves

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
      The COOL thing about the X (and other long/cargo bikes) is the "Don't worry about it" factor!  It is not a BIG thing here, but today I rode to work.  It was chilly so I wore socks with my Lake sandals, a jacket and my usual "man purse" or "murse" as my daughter calls it (easier than sitting on my wallet and having a pocket full of crap!)  call it a messenger bag if you want.  In any case, my mission was to stop at the pet store after work and pick up a bag of kitty food for our two cats.

      It isn't that the food was BIG or anything, but by that time, it was warm, and I ended up carrying my jacket, the cat food, the bag, my little thermos that started out full of hot tea in the morning, my insulated mug my spare shoes and a couple of other minor items in the freeloaders.  what a HUGE thing for me to be able to do!  No it wasn't an epic load, but it was a "No Worries" thing.  If I had not had the X I would probably have ridden my motorcycle or taken the car, which would deprive my wife (if I took the car) of going to her swimming session.  (she swims, I bike) since we only have ONE car now!

      The X REALLY does take the place of a car.  At least 75-80% of the time!  maybe more!

      mark

      On 9/28/07, Juergen Weichert < juergen@...> wrote:
      Heh - these were fun. And this was BEFORE I owned an Xtracycle!  ;-)
      That big trailer on the main page belongs to a friend and was welded up
      in my driveway.
      Construction pics and more trailer details here:
      http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html
      Juergen

      Justina Voulgaris wrote:

      > Thought you all might appreciate this:
      >

      > http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php
      > <http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php>
      >

      > I've really been enjoying my X.  Brought home a small lumber load
      > recently.  Nothing compared to the amazing loads some of you have
      > carried, but my first long load!
      >

      > Justina
      >
      > _

      ride to believe.