Bike Moves

  • Justina Voulgaris
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007

      Thought you all might appreciate this:

      http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php

      I've really been enjoying my X.  Brought home a small lumber load recently.  Nothing compared to the amazing loads some of you have carried, but my first long load!

      Justina

    • Juergen Weichert
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
        Heh - these were fun. And this was BEFORE I owned an Xtracycle! ;-)
        That big trailer on the main page belongs to a friend and was welded up
        in my driveway.
        Construction pics and more trailer details here:
        http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html
        Juergen

        Justina Voulgaris wrote:

        > Thought you all might appreciate this:
        >

        > http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php
        > <http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php>
        >

        > I've really been enjoying my X. Brought home a small lumber load
        > recently. Nothing compared to the amazing loads some of you have
        > carried, but my first long load!
        >

        > Justina
        >
        > _
      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
          The COOL thing about the X (and other long/cargo bikes) is the "Don't worry about it" factor!  It is not a BIG thing here, but today I rode to work.  It was chilly so I wore socks with my Lake sandals, a jacket and my usual "man purse" or "murse" as my daughter calls it (easier than sitting on my wallet and having a pocket full of crap!)  call it a messenger bag if you want.  In any case, my mission was to stop at the pet store after work and pick up a bag of kitty food for our two cats.

          It isn't that the food was BIG or anything, but by that time, it was warm, and I ended up carrying my jacket, the cat food, the bag, my little thermos that started out full of hot tea in the morning, my insulated mug my spare shoes and a couple of other minor items in the freeloaders.  what a HUGE thing for me to be able to do!  No it wasn't an epic load, but it was a "No Worries" thing.  If I had not had the X I would probably have ridden my motorcycle or taken the car, which would deprive my wife (if I took the car) of going to her swimming session.  (she swims, I bike) since we only have ONE car now!

          The X REALLY does take the place of a car.  At least 75-80% of the time!  maybe more!

          mark

          Justina Voulgaris wrote:

          > Thought you all might appreciate this:
          >

          > http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php
          > <http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/09/bike_moves_more.php>
          >

          > I've really been enjoying my X.  Brought home a small lumber load
          > recently.  Nothing compared to the amazing loads some of you have
          > carried, but my first long load!
          >

          > Justina
          >
          > _

          ride to believe.