Re: xtracycle movie, giveaway, and dude tonight in Boulder

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
      Well, I pretty much relied on the front ones pretty quickly - though I
      had to squeeze the rear ones more to get anything. I'm a genuine motor
      moron (I think in lines and words, so three dimensions are just
      impossible). I tried to adjust them Sunday and the little rubbery
      sproingy thing going around the cable (that gets squeezed) was pretty
      disintegrated, having been squeezed so tightly so many times to get
      any contact at all. So what the heck, I went to church on the front
      brakes and was glad I brought it 'cause I ended up taking a big ol'
      Easter basket and a sunflower home. (It's not like the rear is going
      to fly over my head...) The really weird thing was that I DIDN"T GET
      ANY WEIRD LOOKS. Must be the Easter effect or something.
      Sigh, the blender... I think I might have already lost parts... I
      popped the thing on the snapdeck to haul it 10 blocks to the Easter
      Dinner (and Tornado Warning) Party... arrived there to read the
      directions saying "adjust those two adjustment bolts" ... that don't
      seem to be there anymore. If htey bounced off on my 10-block trip
      they're washed away in the deluges that followed. Read directions
      THOROUGHLY before doing anything, I know... (I *did* peruse them
      first, but too perfunctorily, it seems.)

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "kipchogenotkip" <kipchoge@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey roots,
      > I"m in Boulder, CO tonight to introduce the new documentary about
      Xtracycle. It's
      http://pleasantrevolution.net/

      > btw, Susan, I've been thinking about your worn out brakes and
      wondering if perhaps
      > you use the rear too much and the front not enough. On the Xtracycle
      you can do
      > almost all of your braking on the front, especially on dry pavement.
      The front is a lot