xtracycle movie, giveaway, and dude tonight in Boulder

  • kipchogenotkip
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
      Hey roots,
      I"m in Boulder, CO tonight to introduce the new documentary about Xtracycle. It's
      called Selling the Revolution. Details on the blog: http://pleasantrevolution.net/

      btw, Susan, I've been thinking about your worn out brakes and wondering if perhaps
      you use the rear too much and the front not enough. On the Xtracycle you can do
      almost all of your braking on the front, especially on dry pavement. The front is a lot
      more efficient and will really increase pad life if you're currently relying more on the
      rear.

      -kipchoge
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
        Well, I pretty much relied on the front ones pretty quickly - though I
        had to squeeze the rear ones more to get anything. I'm a genuine motor
        moron (I think in lines and words, so three dimensions are just
        impossible). I tried to adjust them Sunday and the little rubbery
        sproingy thing going around the cable (that gets squeezed) was pretty
        disintegrated, having been squeezed so tightly so many times to get
        any contact at all. So what the heck, I went to church on the front
        brakes and was glad I brought it 'cause I ended up taking a big ol'
        Easter basket and a sunflower home. (It's not like the rear is going
        to fly over my head...) The really weird thing was that I DIDN"T GET
        ANY WEIRD LOOKS. Must be the Easter effect or something.
        Sigh, the blender... I think I might have already lost parts... I
        popped the thing on the snapdeck to haul it 10 blocks to the Easter
        Dinner (and Tornado Warning) Party... arrived there to read the
        directions saying "adjust those two adjustment bolts" ... that don't
        seem to be there anymore. If htey bounced off on my 10-block trip
        they're washed away in the deluges that followed. Read directions
        THOROUGHLY before doing anything, I know... (I *did* peruse them
        first, but too perfunctorily, it seems.)

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "kipchogenotkip" <kipchoge@...>