RE: [rootsradicals] Re: Going Carless

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 10, 2007

                  In response to Devian’s ”favorite tyre of all time”, I would have to say my personal favorite tire has for years been and still is the 26” x 1.5” Avocet Kevlar lined tire. For a while Avocet was not making them, but they seem to be back, which makes me very happy) Check them out:

      http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/cross_2.html

      It is hard to see the tread pattern in any of their images, so here is a different photo link. This link has similar 700 version, but the tread pattern is the same:

      http://trophybikes.com/catalog.php?deptid=15&catid=-1&prodid=114

      _TONE_

    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 12, 2007
        I couldn't really since I was trying to negotiate rush hour traffic on a
        VERY busy narrow road with a lot of angry people. The fact that she
        yelled at someone in that situation is inexcusable - it could easily
        cause that person to become distracted which is not good in heavy traffic.

        And I wear fur too - I tell people it's just a cultural thing but in
        reality it's just smart. Both of my coats are old - both were gotten
        extremely cheap but they are warm! A short parka made by the Inuit and a
        full length raccoon coat. Both were in perfect shape when I found them
        at a thrift store for less than $100 for both. Taken care of they will
        out live me unless Peta finds me first. And if anyone damages the hat I
        was given by a group of Mongolian musicians I played with one night in
        Beijing I will be beyond upset. Should not have even gotten it back in
        the country since at the last minute I realized that the crown of it was
        leopard although all you see is the black fox and the tail that runs
        down my back. :)