unknown friends 'round town

  • Anna Cummins
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      on my way to work today, saw a guy i didn't recognize on an xtracycle w/ a pea pod, toting his little one....knowing wave. then pulling up to school, heard a shout from another rider, "go xtracycle!" didn't recognize him either. cool beans.

      Anna Cummins, Founder
      Bring Your Own
      www.bringyourown.org
      byotalk.blogspot.com

      "Because you look so good with a cup and bag...."

    • John Speare
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
        On 4/13/06, Anna Cummins <anna@...> wrote:
        > on my way to work today, saw a guy i didn't recognize on an xtracycle w/ a
        > pea pod, toting his little one....knowing wave. then pulling up to school,
        > heard a shout from another rider, "go xtracycle!" didn't recognize him
        > either. cool beans.

        Where are you located, that you see so many xtracycles? I've never
        seen another in Spokane, WA.

        Also, I figured out how to haul a bike w/out a clamp:
        http://www.johndogfood.com/john/mb2.html

        Works well.

        John

        --
        John Speare
        Spokane, WA USA
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006

          i'm in los angeles, hardly a hotbed of "sane living" but theres actually a pretty decent bike culture/community amidst the sprawl. 4 of my girlfriends (okay, counting mom and sister) have xtracycles, and clearly there are many more out there.....

          for any angelenos out there, some local resources:

          sustainable transport club: http://www.rsydney.com/stc.html

          and the bicycle kitchen: http://www.bicyclekitchen.com/ need one of these on the west side!