I-renew Expo

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      I was a speaker at the I-Renew Expo today in Solon Iowa.  this is a big Expo with a lot of vendors and speakers on renewable energy and full of people wearing Birkenstock's and eating granola!  (sorry, couldn't resist!)  But they had solar cooking and solar energy, All that Mother Earth News stuff.  I spoke on bicycles as transportation and as a "visual Aid" I took my Xtracycle, handed out stuff and talked about how useful it is.  As well as what I do with the E-assist and all.  They were pretty impressed with the Footsies!

      After the talk, I went to the Expo grounds and looked through the tents and talked to people.  LOTS and LOTS of folks wanted to look at the X and check it out.  i almost couldn't walk through the grounds for people stopping me to ask about the Xtracycle and how I liked it.  One guy came out of his booth and was checking it out close up to the point where some guy came over and asked him if he knew who was working at the booth!  I ended up buying a cool T shirt from the discount rack and a really good shoulder bag for my stuff!  they had lots of GREAT bumper stickers too, but I didn't buy any of them this time!  All the bike ones were gone!

      Anyway, I handed out LOTS of information on the X.  then as I was leaving, some guy on a motorcycle pulled up (I have this raging THING for BMW Boxer type Motorcycles!  Tooo cool for words!  ONLY the 2 cyl Boxers though.   you can HAVE the Bricks!))  We discussed motorcycles in general, his Boxer in particular, and as he was leaving to go see the demo on all natural  house building (also a very cool speaker, using trees rather than lumber as design elements in a home!)  He said, "Yeah, I am looking at getting an Xtracycle too!  a couple of my friends have them, VERY cool way to do grocery shopping and stuff!"

      WOW, the Evangelism is starting to work!  Even out here in the boonies!

      Mark  Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com