gimme a brake...

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2006
      ... well, that's what I am going to do to my xtracycle. Right now
      when I apply the rear brake, I swear it speeds up :-) Those brake pads
      pretty much wore out in a couple of months. So I'm going to get a new
      wheel (this rim has had many years of abuse) and disc brake. I was a
      little surprised at how quickly those brake pads burned up - but I do
      put a lot of miles on that puppy in traffic. I like being able to
      slow down (it's why I don't do downhill skiing ;-))
      The blender is supposed to arrive today, though! I tell people to
      consider it a mid-life thing or a cosmic karmic influence (since I'm
      considered the frugal sort and this rather confuses them)... now I'm
      going to head over to that UPS tracking website !